Today, Callie wanted out of her car seat. I had to explain to her that she needs to be in her car seat to stay safe. I showed her my adult seat belt and explained that I need to be safe too.
C: when I am big, I will wear your seatbelt!
Me: yes! You will wear an adult seatbelt when you are big.
C: and when you are small, you can sit on my car seat and I will buckle you up.
Today, dr Rubin said it's time (long overdue) to give up the bottle. So today at bedtime i explained we would not be using a bottle.
Me: Callie you are a big girl now. You do not need a bottle anymore. Babies use bottles. Bottles hurt your teeth and yoi have lots of teeth, you are a big girl. Babies have no teeth. You are growing up!
Callie: no no!!! (Crying) I don't want to! I want to grow down!!!
You crack me up sweetie. I love you.



No comments:
Post a Comment